I was one of those teenagers.
The type that made a profile on almost every writing platform out there, and wrote About Me sections that made it blindingly obvious that I was around 13 years old.
I’ve spent the last few days cringing as I edited or deleted accounts. The worst part is, I remember writing them and thinking I was being funny. I was wrong.
Anyway, the worst of it is gone. Hopefully my online persona sounds more mature than it did before (or at least reflects that of someone entering their early twenties very shortly).
…Probably not. My bad.
I’m not new to blogging. In fact, I’ve had a blogger.com account since 2011. Though, that doesn’t mean I’m any good at it.
Truth be told, I suck at posting regularly.
I feel like my life isn’t a particularly interesting one, so I don’t want to bore you with weekly posts about life on a cattle property. Maybe I’ll do a monthly update or something… (kidding–sort of)
Since this is my first post here, I should probably tell you a bit about myself. I’ll give you ten facts as I don’t feel like dragging this post out too much.
- I live on a family owned and run cattle (beef only) property.
- Since graduating high school in 2013, I’ve worked full-time on said property. My Granddad passed away during my senior year, leaving my Dad to run it. Instead of going straight to university, I decided to give him a hand. This is the only reason I’m still here. If he wasn’t my father, I would’ve quit after a few months.
- I’m applying for university next year. I’m looking at a few options (Vet Science, Speech Pathology, Psychology, or English) but I’d like to start with a general diploma to get back into the swing of studying.
- I write books. Two have been published, but they were collaborations with many other authors. I have finished one for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), but don’t intend to publish it.
- Last year I started the One Year Adventure Novel course. I’m still writing the novel, so I guess for me it’s the Two Year Adventure Novel course.
- I’m raising two poddy (orphan) calves.
The left is Elmo, right is Dexter
- I currently own 543 paper/hardback books. While ebooks are easy to carry around, I don’t count them. If they’re any good, I’ll buy them in physical form anyway.
- Just in case 7 wasn’t clear enough: I have a SERIOUS book buying problem. My record for most books bought in a single day is 32. I plan on reading everything, but I need to find the time.
- I’ve kept a diary since 2010, so I don’t know why I’m so inconsistent with a blog
- My favourite authors are Richelle Mead and Sarah J. Maas. The first made me want to write, the second introduced me to the fantasy genre (I had an irrational dislike for it until I read THRONE OF GLASS). Now I want to write fantasy.
Okay, I think I’ve gone on for long enough. Time to go feed the calves.